September 22, 2020 Board Minutes
Date: Tuesday, September 22, 2020
Time: 12:10 PM
Location: Via Zoom
Present: Bill Stump, Ted Arnold, Kash Lakhlani, Dr. Penny Johnson, Charis Acree, Joseph Miller, Shelley Strickland, John Asbell, Eric Mosely, Frank McRae, Lauren Edgar
Other: Gerald Wyatt, Regan Mock, Dr. Chris Williams, Dr. Brian Shumate, Conie Hensler, Brandon Brooks, Marco Brown, Mitch Key
The meeting began at 12:10 PM.
- Welcome- Bill Stump, THINC Board Chair
- Motion called for approval of August minutes- Bill Stump
- 1st Ted Arnold, 2nd Joseph Miller
- P&L- Gerald Wyatt, CEO
- Reimbursement for travel: $2,590
- Sustainability: $1.162 mil
- Future Sustainability: Interest gained on Money Market and Checking
- Designated Funds received: $55,000 from KMMG for replacement of 3-D printers and Tooling-U Program
- Cash Flow: $1.674 mil cash balance
- Motion to approve August financials- Bill Stump
- 1st Eric Mosely, 2nd Ted Arnold
- Enrollment/School Update- Dr. Chris Williams
- Currently have 734 students enrolled with 307 of them being virtual.
- At the moment, 47 students are registered to return back in seat on 10/13 and the window for registering to return closes on 9/25.
- THINC has had no teachers quarantined since the opening of school and very little students quarantined.
- To assist teachers with their work load of teaching both virtual and in person due to limited instructors at THINC, a sub rotation has been created each week to relieve teachers from the classroom so that they can focus on their virtual students for the day once every two weeks.
- CTAE Update- Dr. Chris Williams, Principal
- CTSO events will be held virtually this year.
- DECA has a fall leadership conference in October that will be virtual.
- 10/9 will be our annual CTSO cookout and we are requesting THINC Board members and TCSS cabinet members join us to volunteer.
- 10/30 THINC will host an American Red Cross blood drive sponsored by HOSA and other CTSO groups.
- Advisory Committee Update- Gerald Wyatt
- Advisory committees have resumed meeting, but meetings are being held virtually.
- A large group meeting takes place first, then the individual committees (STEM, International Business/Business Marketing, and Healthcare) meet in separate breakout groups.
- TCSS Update- Dr. Brian Shumate, TCSS Superintendent
- During this time we have become a better team and have used this as a platform to educate us for the future and become more innovative.
- Enrollment to date is 12,151 children, which is up 91 kids from this point last year.
- Currently, there are 1,145 students registered to return on 10/13 with a deadline to sign up this Friday, 9/25.
- Behind the Scenes with Laurence Fishburne Update- Gerald Wyatt
- Premiere of video featuring Laurence Fishburne
Adjourned 12:47 PM