June 23, 2020 Board Minutes
Date: Tuesday, June 23rd, 2020
Time: 12:00 PM
Location: THINC Board Room: One College Circle, LaGrange GA, 30240
Also held live via ZOOM
Present: Bill Stump, Ted Arnold, Dr. Penny Johnson, Leonard Phillips
Via Zoom: Joseph Miller, Eric Mosely, Lauren Edgar, Kash Lakhlani, Shelley
Strickland, John Asbell, Frank McRae, Charis Acree
Other: Gerald Wyatt, Kevin Donovan, Regan Mock, Connie Hensler, Brandon
Brooks, Meghan Duke, Jamey Jackson
The meeting began at 12:05 PM.
- Welcome- Bill Stump, THINC Board Chair
- Motion called for approval of February minutes- Bill Stump
- 1st Eric Mosely, 2nd Joseph Miller
- P&L- Leonard Phillips, Finance Chair
- Reviewed February – May reports.
- No substantial changes since February reports. Cash flow remains solid.
- Reimbursements have been received from canceled summer conferences and spending has been down due to students not being present during COVID.
- Motion to approve February – May financials- Bill Stump
- 1st Joseph Miller, 2nd Ted Arnold
- Audit- Gerald Wyatt, THINC CEO
- Large payment was made in May for Audit fees.
- No final report has been received, but hope to have it in June. Accountants have informed us that thus far there have been no findings or issues reported.
- TCSS Update- Dr. Penny Johnson, TCSS Asst. Superintendent
- Decision for the reopening of TCSS will be made July 15th. Currently reviewing guidelines being used for school systems across the nation for guidance.
- The budgets cut was set at 11% rather than the expected 14%, which is roughly $7.3 mil.
- Federals CARES money was received for use and the budget will be proposed to the Board for use of $3.3 mil in reserve and it appears that no furlough days will be placed in force.
- The Board approved the purchase of Learning Management Systems for all TCSS teachers. This will help with support of a digital learning environment and ensure teachers have necessary resources.
Adjourned 12:35 PM