September 27th, 2018 Board Minutes
Date: Thursday, September 27 th , 2018
Location: THINC. Board Conference Room
One College Circle, LaGrange, Georgia 30240
Present: Corinne Hodges, John Asbell, Joseph Miller, Tiffany Wood, Frank McRae, Regina Ingram, Gerald Wyatt, Charis Acree, Kevin Donovan
Absent: Scott Rule, Robby Burch, Shaundre Brown, Bill Stump, John Radcliff
Others: Roy Nichols, Laura Edgar (on Scott Rule’s behalf), Austin Barber, Zyshonn Morris, Kevionte Gaskins, Derek, Becca Eiland, Mitch Key, Amanda Anderson, Chris Williams
12:09 Invocation by Asbell – Prayer
Welcome and Introductions: Corinne Hodges, THINC Board Chair
P&L – Frank McRae, Treasurer
- McRae presents P&L overview. Highlights one large expense – THINC Truck and the additional cashflow write up with the carry over calculation.
- Asbell & Wyatt motion to accept P&L
- McRae motions to have Synovus line of credit increased to $15,000. Wood 2 nd motion.
- Carlisle covers donation worksheet – totally $234,941.
- Asbell emphasizes on fundraising and earning investments. Future goal – strategizing with TCSS for data involving career paths after graduation. Asbell also speaks on Mando contribution and thanks Wyatt for all of the involvement.
August Minutes Approval – Hodges
- Miller & Brooks motion for approval
Board Nominations – Hodges
- Hodges reviews the nominees with the board & guests. Callaway parent position is still vacant.
- Rebecca Eiland – LaGrange Parent
- Kash Lakhlani – Business Community at Large
- Leonard Phillips – Point University
- Open – Callaway Parent
- Corinne Hodges – Board Chair
- Robby Burch – Past Chair
- Gerald Wyatt – Treasurer
- Regina Ingram – Personnel Committee Chair
- John Asbell – Fund Raising Chair
- Hodges asks for motion of approval – Acree & Miller approve
- Carlisle announces her retirement in November 2019. Hodges adds succession planning will commence, and hopeful of a replacement by March 2019. Six months of shadowing seems sufficient. Hiring a third party to assist in the search will be imperative.
- Ingram will take the position of Personnel Committee Chair. A team of members will be assigned to join. Zyshonn Morris (Student Board Member) volunteered. Roy Nichols would like to be involved. Asbell explains personnel role will find recommendations and present to Executive committee.
Dates to Remember – Hodges
- Executive & Finance Committee dates changed to October 18 th – starting at 11am.
- Board Orientation & Retreat – November 8 th at Great Wolf Lodge
- Board Certification Exit Report: November 14 th at 11:45am – lunch included
TCSS Update – Roy Nichols
- Summary – Relationship between TCSS & THINC. is building. Sees a positive cultural shift in how teachers work with their students – in more ways than just the subject they are teaching.
- Nichols adds – Board has selected a firm to find next superintendent of TCSS. Brooks confirms.
CEO Update – Dr. Kathy Carlisle
- “Talking Points” – Prepare all College & Career Academies to speak to politicians on why college and career academies are important for work force development education. Political changes are in the near future, and the meaning behind the need for college and career academies should not be lost.
Data Report – Dr. Chris Williams
- Health Science Industrial Certification – Healthcare (HOSA) reviewed by industrial leaders. $10,000 state grant to help prepare program for certification.
- Upcoming CTSO Events – FBLA, HOSA, DECA Fall Rally; Robotic Vex competition
- Scorecard overview – 588 in seats; 3 suspensions.
By Laws – Mitch Key
- By-Laws amendments will be presented in October concerning term limits and
staggering term years.
Next meeting date: October 23rd, 2018 at 12pm in the THINC. Board Room, One College Circle,
LaGrange, GA 30240