July 24th, 2018 Board Meeting Minutes
Date: Tuesday, July 24th, 2018
Location: THINC. Board Conference Room
One College Circle, LaGrange, Georgia 30240
Present: Corinne Hodges, John Asbell, Joseph Miller, Robby Burch, Shaundre Brown, Tiffany Wood, Frank McRae, Bill Stump, Regina Ingram, Gerald Wyatt, Charis Acree, Kevin Donovan
Absent: Scott Rule
Others: Jane Pauley, Jami North, Aidan Blackwell, Susan Hinson, Carrie Brkich, Chris Williams, Ryan Slay, Christopher Lee, Penny Johnson, Eric Mosley, Alton White, Bret Bryant, Whitney Glisson, Meghan Duke, Laura Edgar (on Scott Rule’s behalf), Kathy Carlisle, Amanda Anderson
12:07pm Invocation by Hodges
- 12:07pm Welcome and Introductions: Corinne Hodges, THINC Board Chair
- Allison Timberlake, Deputy Superintendent for Assessment and Accountability
- THINC Teachers are introduced.
- Dr. Shaundre Brown inducted as board member. Hodges motions & Burch 2nds
- Hodges notated Shannon Shelton resigned – vacancy to be filled.
- Approval of May minutes- Hodges motions & Burch 2nds
- Recommendation to change By-laws to add two additional Ex-Officio members: 1 from the state school board and 1 from the local school board. Miller motioned and Asbell 2 nd , vote carried.
- Helen Rice, State Board Member – Changing By Laws for Rice to be THINC board Ex – Officio classification for representative from the State School Board
- Changes in Board Meetings for August & September. (August 28 th to 30 th and
September 25 th to 27 th . Both are on Thursday.)
P&L – Frank McRae, Treasure
McRae gives overview of P&L. Stump motions & Asbell 2nds
- Carlisle elaborates on State School Board approval of International Business. Recognition given to Dr. Johnson for granting permission to hire a full-time teacher for International Business.
- Carlisle highlights on the testimony given at the US House of Representatives to the Committee on Education and the Workforce as well as the partnership with WGTC – Scott Rule.
- Asbell presented THINC Academy received a $50,000 check from the city of LaGrange.
- Williams gives estimate on enrollment numbers – 832 Dual Enrollment – 703 in seats. New furniture has been ordered, and WGTC has given THINC rooms to accommodate with space.
Hodges introduces Allison Timberlake, Deputy Superintendent
- Timberlake presents CCRPI overview on “How can a College and Career
Academy impact CCRPI.
Recognitions – Dr. Chris Williams
- Williams elaborates on the SkillsUSA competition held in Louisville, KY.
Students that participated in SkillsUSA received 3 rd place in Nationals.
Next meeting date: August 30th, 2018 at 12pm in the THINC. Board Room, One College Circle,
LaGrange, GA 30240