April 16th, 2018 Finance Minutes
Date: April 16, 2018
Time: 12:00 p.m.
Location: THINC. Conference Room
One College Circle, LaGrange, Georgia 30240
Present: Robby Burch, Renae Willis, Corinne Hodges, Frank McRae, John Asbell, Bill Stump
Absent: John Radcliffe, Kathy Tilley, Byron Jones
Others: Kathy Carlisle, Chris Williams, Molly Sumner-THINC
Frank McRae called the meeting to order at 12:30 pm.
Hodges made a motion to approve the January and February minutes
- Burch 2 nd , none opposed
McRae went over the P&L
- Stump asked if the Special Education Fund should be move to another line on the report.
- Carlisle stated that those funds would move into sustainability next year
- Carlisle mentioned the interest payments received from Charter Bank that will begin to
appear on the balance.
Burch made a motion to approve the Financials
o Hodges 2 nd , none opposed
Carlisle reviewed the audit report.
- Asbell asked if there would be any additional cost this year
- Carlisle said there would not be.
Williams presented the request to purchase a F-250 for THINC
- Hodges asked if students would be able to be transported in the vehicle.
- Williams was waiting on Radcliffe to approved
- Burch asked about the advantages of purchase vs. lease
- Hodges asked how fuel would be purchased and funded.
- Williams stated those factors were still being worked out with Radcliffe
- Hodges commented that you may not be able to wrap the truck if leased.
- Willis inquired about leasing a Suburban vs. a truck
- Williams stated a Suburban would not be able to tow the trailer as an F-250 can.
- Asbell asked if any business supporters had been contacted to fund the truck request.
- Williams said dealers were asked but not interested.
- Hodges asked about the Ram truck option at the lower purchase price.
- Williams chose the F-250 since it would maintain a higher resale value.
- Williams will compile buy vs. lease pros & cons to present to the committee.
- Asbell asked the committee of any supports they could approach for support to purchase the
- Hodges to contact CW Matthews
- Asbell to contact Batson Cook
- Hodges to bring approval to THINC Board for an up to price
- Williams to get a quote on getting the truck wrapped.
- Hodges made a motion to put on Board agenda
- Burch approved, none opposed.
Williams presented moving expenses to be paid for new hire Engineering Instructor
- Not to exceed $5,000
- Carlisle said cost could move from NCAC funds.
- Hodges did not want to move funds from procedural and expenses accounts.
- Asbell wanted Carlisle to ask State if Charter has that flexibility
- Carlisle stated that it would be taxable income.
- Hodges suggested the BOE be told THINC wants to pay the expense.
Williams reviewed the THINC salary rubric.
- Hodges asked if new hires would be put behind existing employees pay
- Williams said 1 would but they were not a 240 employee
- Asbell asked the impact of being 240 and not 190
- Williams said it was critical for the instructor in order to keep up with industry standards and expectations.
Carlisle gave update on fundraising
Carlisle presented an update on PLC
- Hodges stated a separate MOU be created for it.
- Carlisle stated that the BOE had talks of moving all CTAE programs to THINC but removing Academics.
- Williams said that HVAC program would move to THINC.
- Hodges asked if that job was in demand in this community to justify pathway
- Hodges to discuss MOU for PLC at upcoming meeting.
The meeting ended at 1:15 pm.
Next meeting date: May 21, 2018 at 12pm in the THINC. Board Room, One College Circle, LaGrange,