October 27, 2015 Board Meeting Minutes
Date: Tuesday, October 27, 2015
Time: 12 p.m.
Location: THINC. Board Conference Room
One College Circle, LaGrange, Georgia 30240
Present: John Asbell (presiding), Robby Burch, Toni Striblin, Perrin Alford,
CJ Tumambing, Corinne Hodges, Greg Hicks, Tonia
Contorno, Renae Willis
Absent: Linda McMullen, Darryl Harrison
Others Present: CEO – Kathy Carlisle
Staff/Consultants – Lauren Carlisle
TCSS- John Radcliffe, Karen Cagle
Chair John Asbell called the meeting to order at 12:06pm.
John Asbell gave the Invocation.
Toni Striblin made a motion to approve Minutes of the September 22, 2015 Board meeting. Robby Burch seconded the motion, and the motion passed unanimously.
The first THINC. Teacher of the Year was announced this past week. The recipient was Laura Lee Pike, English Instructor.
Finance – Robby Burch, Treasurer
- P&L Update: The Operations and Expense budgets were presented with no questions asked, therefore it stands approved. $400,000.00 was taken out of the expense budget to put into an uncommitted/reserve area. The Facility budget was presented to include the recent BlueCross BlueShield contribution and several Individual contributions.
- FTE Budget(Kathy): Byron Jones has approved for the administrative fees to be put back into the budget. The Finance Committee proposed we put those funds into a personnel line item with the approval of the board. Corinne Hodges made the motion to approve to put those administrative fees as a budget item within our FTE. Tonia Contorno seconded the motion, the motion passed unanimously.
- Science Lab (Kathy): Science Lab needs to be moved from a conceptual stage to a project stage. Corinne and John R. made a motion to approve an Exploratory Project led by John Radcliffe for a Science Lab. Toni seconded the motion, and the motion passed unanimously.
- New Donations (Kathy): We had several personal donations along with donations from AFLAC, The Ray C. Anderson Foundation, Bretford and KIA. KIA will be listing THINC as an organization for KIA team members to donate out of their payroll deduction.
- Lease/Buses (Kathy): Finance/Fund-Raising Committee proposed we take the money we had in reserve plus the money the School System had set aside for the lease and buses into a savings account.
New Board Members- Vote (John Asbell):
- The new board members were presented to the board.Tonia Contorno made a motion to approve the new board members. Robby and Corinne seconded the motion, and the motion passed unanimously.
CEO Report – Kathy Carlisle, CEO
- Strategic Planning: There has been a group created for Strategic Planning to help create a vision for the future with plans and goals to make it happen.
- Scorecard: The information from the scorecard will align with the CEO goals and our Charter. We are also trying to align our goals with WGTC goals regarding the PSO/Dual Enrollment students. Parent Engagement Activities and Attendance will be two new goals added to the scorecard.
- Board Member Training: The training will be on November 11, 2015 at THINC. from 9am-2pm in the board room.
- Program Update (Karen Cagle): Based on the Charter, THINC will be serving 9th thru 12th graders within the first 5 years however the School System has several concerns about 9th graders attending THINC.
Chair Report – John Asbell, Chair
- November and December Meetings: The Board meetings have been cancelled due to the holidays. The next board meeting will be January 26, 2015. John Asbell made a motion to seek Architecture recommendation from the Facility Committee. Toni Striblin seconded the motion, the motion passed unanimously.
- CEO Goals- Robby Burch made a motion to approve the CEO Goals. Greg Hicks seconded the motion, the motion passed unanimously.
Robby made a motion to adjourn. Perrin seconded the motion, and the motion passed unanimously.
The meeting adjourned at 1:30pm.
Next meeting date: Tuesday, January 26, 2016 at 12pm in the THINC. Board Room, One College Circle, LaGrange, GA 30240.