The THINC Expeditions program provides opportunities for young people and employers to map their futures together through youth apprenticeships. THINC Expeditions, a Work-Based Learning program, was formed by stakeholders committed to capitalizing on and cultivating Troup County’s rising talent by offering solutions to hiring high school students.
Students selected for Expeditions apprenticeships can explore and learn about careers with local companies whose business aligns with their academic interests and long-term career goals. Expeditions employer partners can connect with pre-qualified high school students who want to work, learn, and earn their way into an exciting career.
Expeditions is a Work-Based Learning program that creates meaningful career exploration opportunities for students that result in a sustainable workforce pipeline for employers. The program launches March 23 with a Student Information Session and concludes May 6 with Signing Day.
Intentional alignment and purposeful relationships make Expeditions an out of this world workforce initiative that brings a big bang to your bottom line. Join the mission to make our rising workforce one in a million. Contact Carrie Tomlin at email@example.com or register at thincacademy.net.
Click here to participate: https://forms.gle/GRiyZHA1n4oKUwpT6
1. Minimizes employers risk to hiring
2. Provides access to career technical students who can earn the following certificates:
a. OSHA 10-hour certification
b. Technical College certificates
3. Builds a sustainable workforce pipeline
4. Reduces turnover and recruitment costs
5. Contributes to your community’s development
6. Builds corporate citizenship
1. Connects classroom learning to the real world
2. Gives students the opportunity to practice and develop their soft and technical skills
3. Provides students with a chance to job shadow and observe professionals in action
4. Helps students build a professional network
5. Provides a paying job that may lead to long-term employment and paid post-secondary education opportunities
6. Provides a chance for students to earn industry-recognized certifications
To create meaningful career exploration opportunities for students that result in a sustainable workforce pipeline for employers.
Building a sustainable workforce pipeline through intentional career exploration and meaningful work-based learning experiences.
Are you on a mission to find your future workforce? Partner with THINC College & Career Academy and Troup County School System to drive a new era of innovation, growth, and productivity in Troup County and the surrounding region.
Copyright © 2020 THINC College & Career Academy - All Rights Reserved.